Listed: Chic Living Room Ideas for 2018
When it comes to house designs, we want to make sure that everything is in line with what we envisioned our space to be. For this post, I'll be listing a few designs I'd love to do for my own living area (when I get my own place, haha) and why I chose it. Ready?
1. Right off the bat, this living room speaks character and modern themes. One of the really awesome things I love about it is how airy and well-decorated it is. Despite having grey-toned furniture, the space benefitted from the huge window, giving it that perfect wash of light. Another detail to note is the flooring. I LOVE wooden floors. It balances the "cold" furniture like glass and metal with "nature" in the best way possible.
2. Aside from how comfortable this living room looks, the pastel blue and white makes it refreshing to look at. Last year was when the trend of natural lighting, pastels, whites, and minimalism really took the wheel, and for 2018, I'm quite sure these will stay on trend. Our living rooms should emit a relaxing mood, and there's no better way to achieve that than getting comfortable furniture and positioning them properly.
3. Color harmony and contrast took the cake in this photo. The caramel-colored chair, white sofa, and cool-toned grey wall were all put together tastefully. Playing the lighter colors against the dark wall really helped set the mood, something that will be helpful for smaller spaces. The patterns on the pillow covers and the wooden floor also helped bring up the "chic" vibe of the living room.
4. Most of us work with a smaller living room, so being able to make it seem bigger without losing its coziness is important. What I particularly like about this photo is that it made use of neutral greys and whites, decorating it with candles and fairy lights. Even without the candles lit, I feel as if the window on the right will give it the illumination it needs to make the room bright and airy. Of course, the wood flooring makes the room 10 times better. ;)
5. Now THIS is brilliant. There's almost always a problem about storage, and this design solves that while still keeping your space chic and fun. I'd prefer the wall to be a darker grey or navy-colored, so I could up the contrast between colors. It would be better if there were wooden floors too, haha.
Any of you on Pinterest? What do you mostly use the platform for and what kind of boards to you make? Don't forget to share this post to inspire your friends and follow me on Pinterest!